Everyone has a bucket list full of thrilling experiences, am I right?! Well to some, these may seem not adventurous at all, and to others, not appealing at all, but to me they have been massive ✔ on the list, and continue giving me more ideas of musts! I will say I am proud of this list of thrill seeking experiences! Skiing in Eastern Alps, zorbing, white water rafting, canyoning x 2, and hang gliding are just a few on the list that I hope to experience in Europe!
So, here are 8 of my favorite ✔’ed off items on my list:
1. Interlaken Switzerland- Repelled down cliffs, jumped off cliffs into small bodies of water, slid down small water falls- no jokes! We did the beginner level, and I am ready to complete the next level during my next stay in Interlaken!
2. Sydney Harbor Bridge climb in Sydney, Australia- and no, it does not sway back and forth (Yes I have been asked that many times :P), but it was so thrilling! My knees began to shake the first step I took up the stairs. The views were spectacular!
3. Bike tour in Paris, France- I expected an informative stroll through Paris and ended up having a thrilling experience maneuvering through Paris traffic- literally through. At many points, I thought I was going to wipe out and land flat on my face. The pouring rain made visibility very limited, and my bikes skills/ maneuvering in PARIS traffic = NOT GOOD. Thankfully I was on the tour with a great group and experienced some laughs of a lifetime. Oh, AND ended the tour on a boat ride (drenched) looking over the Eiffel tower with French wine!
4. Kayaking in Iseltwald, Switzerland and Adelaide, Australia- I LOVE kayaking and try to do a kayak tour or rental in every city I visit regardless of the body of water. Kayaking is a perfect way to experience the views of a city. The scenery in both Iseltwald and Adelaide were incredible. The kayak tour we did in Adelaide was kayaking in a dolphin cove, we saw “heaps” of dolphins and were lucky enough to have one swim right under our kayak- amazing!
5. 3 day Camel safari in Flinders’ Ranges, South Australia Outback- Need I saw anymore?! This was an experience of a lifetime which tested my limits physically and mentally. YES physically! We could barely walk after sitting on a camel for three days haha. Mentally as I had never camped prior to this trip, and all we had for sleeping in at night was a SWAG (basically a sleeping bag that covers your face), in the middle of the desert in the continent with the most deadly creatures (I itch just thinking about it). Waking up to a beautiful sunrise, and our dearly loved camels was unforgettable.
6. Snorkeling in Negril, Jamaica- This was my first time swimming in the middle of the ocean! It was amazing being able to see a completely different world under the sea. We even saw my two favorite fish (clown fish and puffer fish) – thankfully no sharks 😉
7. Helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon, Arizona- I sat in the front seat next to the pilot and held onto my seat for dear life. If you have ever been in the front seat of a helicopter, you know that the window extends from the ceiling to your feet allowing for spectacular views of the canyon! We ended at an Indian reserve with a glass skywalk extending over the canyon- Don’t look down!
8. Paddle boarding in Coronado, San Diego- One of the most hysterical experiences being that I did so with my best friend Katie who together, we are all giggles. We were on the ocean near the naval base so between the natural waves and the waves from the naval ships we thought for sure we were both going in. Going against the current and wind on the way to the rentals called for again, many laughs and people staring at us not moving- and lots of amazing selfies.
What have some of your most thrilling adventures been?!